macOS Sierra has now been updated into 10.12.2 version and many Mac users are trying to get developer’s beta version for their Mac devices so to get the latest new features. However, some users complain that their Mac computers stop working after installing new macOS Sierra. The exact problem is that macOS Sierra won’t boot after update.
If you are having the same problem that your Mac fails to boot after updating macOS Sierra, don’t worry. Effective methods are available here to help you fix macOS Sierra won’t boot error without losing any data on your Mac now. Now let’s see how to fix macOS Sierra won’t boot or fail to start up after the update.
Method 1. Force to boot Mac to fix macOS Sierra fail to boot error
- Press and hold the Power button for a few seconds till Mac turn off;
- Wait a few seconds and press Power button to turn on Mac.
If this doesn’t work, you may need to try other 4 methods here in this article.
Method 2. Try Safe Boot Mac from Safe Mode to fix macOS Sierra won’t boot error
- Turn on Mac, press Shift when you hear the startup sound and release it till you see Apple logo;
- After Mac fully starts, restart the computer normally without holding any keys/buttons.
Wait patiently till Mac computer finish the reboot process.
Method 3. Use Disk Utility and restore from Recover Mode to fix macOS Sierra fail to boot error
- Boot Mac up, press Command + R during the boot-up process;
- Click Disk Utility option > Click First Aid and try repairing Mac’s disk;
- Disk Utility will automatically run fsck (file system check) operation to help you repair macOS Sierra fail to boot error;
- If this fails, try to restore from Recovery mode.
- Reinstall OS X in Recovery Mode will automatically download and install the latest macOS Sierra for your Mac device.
Method 4. Use Terminal to fix macOS won’t boot error after update
- Open Terminal > Applications > Utilities;
- Enter: system_profiler SPExtensionsDataType > ~/Desktop/kextList.txt and hit return;
- Open the kextList.txt file on desktop > Press Apple(Command) + F to bring up find;
- In the find field insert “Obtained from Not Signed” and copy the destination to the .kext file to a list for use later;
- Click Next to cycle through all of them, for example: /System/Library/Extensions/JMicronATA.kext
- Browse your drive to /System/Library/Extensions and remove all unsigned text files;
- Reboot and your Mac boot problem shall be all set.
Method 5. Reinstall macOS Sierra to fix boot error after update
The last method to fix macOS Sierra fails to boot after update error is to reinstall macOS Sierra. You can download wanted macOS Sierra and create the new bootable drive to clean install macOS Sierra on your computer again.
Then macOS Sierra fails to boot or cannot start up after update error will be thoroughly solved.
Extra Tip: Restore lost data due to macOS Sierra failure
In order to avoid unexpected data loss trouble due to macOS Sierra update, or if you have lost some data after fixing macOS Sierra won’t boot after the update, you can try to restore backups from Time Machine.
But if you don’t have any backups, you may try professional Mac data recovery software – EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac to get all lost Mac data back. It allows you to restore all lost data due to macOS update or other reasons within 3 steps. Just download it and let it help get all lost data backup now:
Step 1. Where was data lost after operating system update? Choose the location and click Scan.
Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard for Mac will immediately scan your selected disk volume and display the scanning results on the left pane.
Step 3. After the scan, select the target files that were unknowingly lost during or after the update and click Recover Now button to get them all back.
To get more information, visit EaseUS Software Official Website
Top 6 things that will help you while window 10 download, installation, and upgrade
Windows 10 is an upgraded version of windows 8 operating system. As windows 10 is lasted windows operating system everyone is updating their system with windows 10. All the latest desktops and laptops are having windows 10 operating system installed in it.
The users who are not aware about what version of windows do i have , they can follow below steps to get it.
start > computer and right click and select properties to know the version of their windows operation system.
If they are using windows XP, Vista, windows 7 or 8 we recommend to update their system with windows 10. This article is having some of the common questions about windows 10 download asked by the users which are new to windows 10.
How can I get free windows 10 download?
Microsoft declared that windows insider can get free copy of windows 10. Windows insider can also get the windows updates before normal windows 10 users receive it. A Windows insider helps Microsoft to identify the issues in windows updates and provide the feedback to them.
User can get free copy of windows 10 by following given steps.
1. Open the web browser in the system.
2. Go to insider.window.com
3. Click on link of become an insider today.
4. Login or sign up there. User can use their mobile number, email id or Skype to sign in.
5. User can get the windows 10 for phone as well as PC. In this we are installing windows 10 in the desktop or laptop machine.
6. After clicking on the PC user gets the detail requirement of the machine to download the latest build of window 10.
7. User can check whether their system meets the requirements if yes then click on the link of get the preview.
8. To download the ISO file of windows 10 user can click on the link of download the ISO
9. User need to note down the windows preview key on the paper which user need in the next steps to activate the copy of the window.
10.Select the language for your windows 10 copy.
11.Select the system type 32 bit or 64 bits for windows operating system.
12. Click on download button to begin the download process of windows 10.
13. Downloading process may take some time. After downloading user can burn the ISO file to USB or DVD.
How to install windows 10 in my desktop or laptop?
User can install the windows 10 by using windows 10 bootable usb or DVD. If user is having the ISO file in the system then user can simply click on the run.exe file to initiate the process of installation of windows 10.
Following steps provides the guidelines to install windows 10 by using bootable USB or DVD in the system.
1. Insert your Bootable USB or DVD which contain windows 10 in the system.
2. Restart the system and open the BIOS menu of your system. In most of the system user can access the boot menu by pressing f10 key after restarting the system.
3. In the boot manager menu select USB or DVD as the booting option for your system.
4. Set your language, time setting and input setting.
5. After then click on the install now button.
6. It will ask for the windows key. Type the windows key which you note while downloading the ISO file and confirm and agree the software license.
7. In the next screen user can have the option of clean installation or custom installation and upgrade installation option.
8. User can get free windows 10 upgrade by selecting Upgrade option. As it will keep your person files in the system where as custom or clean installation will remove everything from C drive and provide fresh windows 10 for user to use.
9. User should take the backup of the system before selecting the custom installation option.
10.For the clean installation user need to select the hard drive or SSD for the windows 10 installation in the system.
What new features I get after updating my system with windows 10?
As windows 10 is the Microsoft’s next generation operating system for client. It is having all the improved functions and security features listed below.
1. Microsoft edge web browser:
It is the default and more secured web browser offered by windows 10.
It provides high speed browsing preserves the power of your system and provides better security while using internet. User can change the default browser by making use of window 10 control pannel.
It is having simple features like Google now or Siri. Windows 10 users can talk and give commands to the Cortana. User can make use of their microphone and talk with their virtual assistant in windows 10 i.e. Cortana.
3. Task views and multiple desktop features:
Many heavy windows users are having the habit of opening multiple applications same time. User can manage their multiple opened applications in the task view. Windows 10 is also having the virtual desktop option in which user can some of their applications.
Apart from the above features windows 10 offers amazing windows 10 wallpaper, user interface, animations and user view better than previous versions of the windows.
Do I need internet connection for using window 10?
No. Generally windows 10 can run smoothly without having the internet connection in day to day use. Microsoft recommends keeping the windows 10 up to date for the better performance. So for downloading and installing the windows 10 updates user need internet however user can also install the updates from the USB without internet connection but to download it user need internet.
What is the Windows.old directory in my system?
If user upgrade their system from windows 7 or 8.1 to windows 10 then all the users files are stored in the folder named as Windows.old. User can access their previous personal files from this folder. After the one month windows 10 provides the option to switch back to previous version of your window. If user deletes this folder then user do not get the option to switch back to their previous version of windows.
How do I get my previous version of windows after installing windows 10?
Most of the users are having habit to use windows 7 or 8 for their daily operation. User can switch back to previous version of windows after one month after installing windows 10 in their system.
After the one month user can use below steps to switch back to previous version of windows.
1. Go to start > setting.
2. Select update and security option from the available list.
3. Click on recovery button.
4. Here user can see the option like go back windows 7/ 8.1.
5. User can click on the get started button to restore the previous version of their windows.
We have tried to cover all question while installing or upgrading the windows system. However, User are requested that this process may take some time to complete so user may wait and follow on screen instructions to complete the process. User should plug in charging cable while restoring the windows on laptop. We are requesting the our user to write into comment section and tell us if you are still facing any issue.
Additional Reading :
7 stages of system development life cycle with sdlc phase
what is sdlc ? Software/system development life cycle (SDLC) is step by step procedure used system programmers team to develop software. A developer uses sdlc definition and its methodologies to develop high quality software which meets customer requirements.
There are 7 stages of system development life cycle which are used by software companies to develop complex system software and to deliver quality product to end user within time limit.
Steps of software or system development life cycle:
Planning of the project:
Planning is step typically includes allocation of resources like human resources as well as machine resources for the project. Whole project planning and cost estimates are planned by project manager and development team in this phase. It generally concentrates on the scope of the software or the system project. Project plan, overall cost estimation of project, project scheduling are the output generated after successful execution of these phase.
Before developing the software, it is necessary to have the core knowledge of the product or the services. In order to get quality software product all the requirements of the projects need to be taken carefully from the client. IT team meets and communicates with the stake holders or the clients understand and collect their project requirements from them. After gathering requirements detailed analysis of the feasibility of development of the software product is done. Project team makes the detailed documentations of the requirements gather from the end user. The created document is known as SRS (software requirements specification). If any kind of ambiguity is detected in the SRS then it is resolved by further discussion of it with the end user.
Design and prototyping:
Based on the SRS, the output of requirement gathering phase the design and architecture of the software product is developed. This step makes use of already existing and proven design patterns for the design of software or the system architecture.
Design step consist of rapid prototyping which is also known as rapid prototyping o spike which compares the available design solutions and selects best for the project. Business analyst and team works on User Interface in this phase.
The output of the design phase of SDLC is design document specification (DDS). The DDS contains the selected patterns and the components which are selected for the software project. It also includes the code produce from rapid prototyping which is used as base point in the development phase of software development life cycle.
Development of the application software:
In this phase the actual implementation and the coding part of software are done. Design document specification of the project is converted in functional software code. If the DDS is more detailed and specified then the coding can be done easily.
Developers makes use of coding guidelines provided by the organizations and makes use of high level programming languages for coding like C++, Java, PHP, Pascal, etc. Development methodology is selected based upon what type of software need to be built. Workable functional code is the output of development phase of software development life cycle.
It is very important phase in SDLC as before delivering the workable product to customer it should be properly tested. This phase makes use of software testing life cycles (STLC). It is internal part of SDLC and step by step process which is conducted to ensure the quality of software.
Various kind of test conducted on the piece of code like unit testing, integration testing, system testing, defect testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, etc.
Testing team finds bugs or errors in the developed code and sends it to development team. Development team corrects it and sends it for retesting.
Once all the code is bug free then the product is ready for deployment.
After the user acceptance testing the software product is ready for the deployment. If the project code meets all the requirements of the client then it is deployed to production environment and delivers to client.
Some organizations used ARA (Application release automation) tools for the deployment of the application in the production environment.
For the god performance the software need to updated and maintained regularly. In this stage the bugs and problems reported by the end user are resolved by the maintenance team.
All the above mentioned sdlc phases needs to carefully execute in order to deliver quality software product to end users.
Software development life cycle models
Different kinds of software development life cycle models exist followed by the software industries.
Waterfall SDLC model:
Waterfall is the very first and linear sequential model used by industries to develop the software. The sequential waterfall model phases are requirement analysis, system design, implementation, testing, deployment and maintenance.
The output of each step is act as input to next phase in waterfall model. In this the flow is steadily downwards just like the waterfall and all steps are cascaded and do not overlap with each other.
It is very difficult to have the reflection or the revision of the code in the waterfall model. In the testing phase if any bugs were found it is very hard to redevelop and retest in waterfall model.
Water fall model simple to understand and implement but it cannot be used for short term project as next step cannot be started until and unless previous step is completed.
Agile SDLC model
This model is mixture of iterative and incremental SDLC frameworks which mainly focuses on the client satisfaction and procedure flexibility.
In agile SDLC model the whole software product is break down into small build and each small part is undergo into different phases like planning, requirement analysis, designing, building or implementation and testing.
Agile models are having less documentation and highly dependable phases. Agile model is very realistic and rapid way to develop the software hence adapted widely by the IT industries.
If there is high availability of skilled designers and developers and the clients budget is high enough then iterative Rapid application development (RAD) which could be used.
To deliver product within short duration it requires user interaction in all the phases of it. The step of RAD models is business modeling, data modeling, process modeling, application generation, testing and turnover.
Software product is divided in the small modules and each module developed in parallel way and finally all the modules integrated. The rad models provide faster product delivery to end user due to reusability of the code of developed modules.
Comparison between waterfall and Agile SDLC model:
Project manager need to compare pros and cons of waterfall vs agile SDLC model to select best methodology for their product according to needs of clients.
Waterfall model is systematic and sequential way to develop the software whereas agile SDLC model is iterative approach to develop the software.
Waterfall model is suitable where the client knows exact requirements of the software product and Agile model is used where requirements are changes frequently.
Waterfall model requires the limited team synchronisation and collaboration as each step executed independently but in agile model as steps are highly dependable, high synchronisation between team members is needed.
Reader, You have read about sdlc stands for and how to use SDLC process in software development. But still you have any problem you may ask in comment section below and tell us about SDLC phases.
Additional Reading :
Things to know before use of Wix website platform for creating a free personalized websites
Over the past few years in Singapore, Malaysia, and Hong Kong, Wix has cemented its place as a leading website creating platform offering people a chance to create free personalized websites in a few clicks. People who wish to have more customization abilities to improve their website can do so through the platform’s paid packages. Every concept has its advantages and disadvantages, we will look into this major success story in detail through this article.
Firstly, wix website is a web platform focusing on website creation and hosting, and their main selling point is it’s easy and free to set up a personalized website. Many people have embraced the idea, with the latest statistics announcing 76 million users around the globe. This platform has grown from what was just but a dream by Avishai Abrahami, Nadav Abrahami, and Giora Kaplan into a huge entity headquartered in Tel Aviv.
Probably the key to the success story, drag and drop technology allows you to seamlessly pick an element and place it at the desired location on the interface. The company has enjoyed success ever since being listed on the stock exchange in 2013.
Setting up your website takes a few minutes and does not require any technical know-how; a few clicks and 2-3 drag and drop, and you’re good. Wix also has an App Market which will help you boost your site with important facets like the integration of a contact form, newsletter, live chat, among others. And while this is a great deal, premium packages are available for those who wish to access comprehensive features.
So, why choose auto-website creation ? Here’s why;
- The platform is easy to work on, and you don’t need HTML and CSS knowledge to customize colors, create layouts, and add text.
- Professional website with numerous templates designs that are offered for free
- Wix allows you to create and host your website on their cloud saving you the hassle of finding a host
- The App Market has numerous applications to help you customize your website
- Wix websites are in HTML5. Their loading time and referencing is good
- The platform’s paid packages offer an amazing price/performance ratio
While the platform has seen tremendous overhauls, some significant disadvantages still exist.
- Zero access to code and database. Once you decide to stop hosting your site, you won’t access any information from your website.
- Limited flexibility – it’d be very difficult to fully customize your site with high-end functionalities
- Stuckness – it’s very difficult to migrate your Wix site to another website platform like Magento or WordPress
- While on the free offer, you’ll have to keep up with banner ads on your site and a domain name doesn’t look very much professional.
Some key features on Wix free plan:
In Wix free mode, you’ll be able to;
- Personalize and alter the appearance. You can add parallax effects and different background images for each page.
- Communicate with visitors. Through the contact form, surveys, newsletters, the RSS feed subscription, you can communicate with visitors. You can also propose social network sharing buttons and comments.
- Rely on the amazing effect of the media. You can create numerous galleries, import photos and videos from your social networks, and enjoy a full-screen video on the home page.
- Add more amazing features. Easily add a search engine, Google Maps, a visit counter, and a countdown to a specific event.
- Integrate marketing functions. Include popups to capture the attention and incorporate Adsense advertising to generate extra revenue.
Design and Template
With over 500 templates, Wix classifies the models by category and then subcategory based on the activity; fashion, health, catering, beauty, among others. You can choose to display new, popular, or blank templates for ease of selection.
With Wix, imagination is your only limit. Add pages and organize the tree structure of your pages as you wish. After you’re done with the creation phase, use the drag and drop function to add content (images, text, galleries). You can also edit the name, title, and subtitles at this stage.
3rd Party Applications
The Wix App market boasts of over 150 applications to help you customize your website. Use the MailChimp for you emailing solutions, Callback to allow visitors to ask you to call them back, and many others. And while a few of this are free, most of the external applications are not.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
To optimize your site for search engines, there’s an SEO tab on each page, the basic tools to edit the title, meta description, and keywords. Sitemap.xml files and the robot.txt file are generated automatically and cannot be modified. Wix also offers you the possibility to configure 301 redirections.
Third Party tools integration
Linking your website to a Soundcloud or Spotify account is much easier than you thought, and so is adding social networks like Twitter, Pinterest, or Facebook. Premium package holders can enjoy more comprehensive tools such as Google Analytics.
Wix for an e-commerce site
Regardless of the template you’ve chosen, you can enjoy e-commerce. To add an online store, start with an e-commerce package which offers the WixStores tool allowing you to create the online store, configure payments, manage orders, and so much more.
wix advantages and disadvantages
Advantages of Wix ecommerce site
- Offers choice among various payment methods
- Great product presentation
- In-built basket management and addition of discount codes
- Easily set delivery costs per item
Disadvantages of Wix ecommerce site
- Credit card payments not accepted
- There are only two variations per article
- Manual sending of order validation emails
Wix Plans and subcriptions.
Below are the different wix pricing
- Connect domain at €408/month- domain name, 500 MB storage, and 1 GB bandwidth
- e-commerce at €24.90/month excluding promotion. You’ll get a domain name, 20 GB of storage, and unlimited bandwidth
- Combo at €12.90/month excluding promotion for a domain name, 3 GB storage, and a 2GB bandwidth storage
- Unlimited at €22.90/month excluding promotion for a domain name, 10 GB storage, and unlimited bandwidth.
Wix is indisputably one of the best website builder and hosting platforms. It doesn’t require HTML and CSS knowledge and is free. The premium package offers an amazing price/performance ratio and allows you to customize your website further, communicate easily with visitors, allow visitors to tell you to call back, track sales, and manage orders.
And while Wix offers different categories and subcategories, companies with a wide range of categories grouped into different sectors may find the customization to be limited. The website remains basic, and the inability to access the source code of the site makes it completely impossible to add the personal touch to differentiate your website from the competition. The platform is designed mostly for non-technical profiles.
Great barrier for business expansion and further customization
If you would to expand your business in the future, you have to understand that Wix is not a platform with extended flexibility of your website development. Being said that, you are not allowed to add functionalities easily according to your business needs. The possibility of customization of a Wix website is limited. Since the platform is specially designed for general public ( people without technical knowledge), you can’t expect it will open up its source code for fully customization.
Additional Reading :
- The Ultimate Social Media Guide for Bloggers
- How to watch movie or TV Shows Online and top sites like 123movies
- How to Edit PDF and Also Write About Different PDF Editors with Functions
Top 6 things that will help you while window 10 download, installation, and upgrade
Tips for Boosting Windows 10 Performance Without any Third Party Software
7 stages of system development life cycle with sdlc phase
Know Before Updating Windows 10 Problems and Fixes
Fix Headphones or Headsets on Windows 10, Ubuntu, Mac and iPhone Mobiles
Internet7 months ago
How to Edit PDF and Also Write About Different PDF Editors with Functions
Blogs10 months ago
How To Increase Website Traffic Fast From Search Engine To Your Blog
Apps1 year ago
The Ironies Behind The World’s Most Famous Apps
Mobile5 months ago
Mobile number portability or port sim or the network from one to another very easily
Internet1 year ago
How to Choose the Right Affiliate Network For Your Blog
Blogs1 year ago
MilesWeb Review: India’s Best Managed WordPress Hosting Provider
Internet1 year ago
Cool Websites That Can Brighten Your Mood Instantly – Must Visit For Everyone
Mobile7 months ago
MI Account Guide to Access, Remove, Download, and MI Account Unlock